This is the last installment in our “What Happened in 1986?” series. It’s been fun and actually informative researching what else was happening while System ID was opening its doors.
This one has a bit more of the human touch to it as we look at those that began their life and those that decided to live life together. After all, many entrepreneurs compare starting a business to labor pains and many others say their business is like their spouse.
Schwarzenegger and Shriver will be celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, just like System ID.
- March 28 – Lady GaGa, singer-songwriter, came to popularity through her debut album, The Fame, in 2008 that included the single “Poker Face”. She is known for her avant-garde, and sometimes controversial, style in her music, performances, and fashion.
- April 3 – Amanda Bynes, actress, has starred in many films, including Hairspray and Easy A, and several TV shows, including “What I Like About You”.
- June 28 – Kellie Pickler, singer, began her career on American Idol, season 5, where she finished in 6th place. She has since become a successful country singer with her debut album going gold and producing many popular singles from that and her second album.
- July 2 – Lindsay Lohan, actress and singer, began her career as a child model and then child actress in the remake of The Parent Trap. She went on to make many more films throughout her teen years. Unfortunately, now she is known more for her struggles with addiction and her trouble with the law.
- August 30 – Ryan Ross, guitarist, is known for his part in the band Panic! at the Disco, which gained much popularity and recognition for the single “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” on their debut album. Ross has since left the band with another member to form The Young Veins.
- September 3 – Shaun White, professional snowboarder, is a two-time Olympic gold-medal winner (2006 & 2010) for the halfpipe. He has participated in many other competitions and earned numerous other gold medals.
- September 12 – Emmy Rossum, actress and singer, started her film career in 2000. Her fame really started to take off after Mystic River, The Day After Tomorrow, and The Phantom of the Opera. She has also released a couple of albums.
There was a much longer list of celebrities that got married in 1986, but we decided to focus just on those that are still together and also celebrating their 25th anniversary.
- April 26 – Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver
- August 14 – Zsa Zsa Gabor & Frederic Prinz von Anhalt
- October 18 – Frank & Kathie Lee Gifford