Datalogic PowerScan PM8300 Scanners
Datalogic PowerScan PM8300 laser scanners increase efficiency in manufacturing plants, warehouses, transportation and logistics companies, and retail stores.
Designed to withstand harsh conditions in industrial settings, the PowerScan PM8300s have sealing ratings of IP65 (without displays) and IP64 (with displays). This certifies their resistance to liquids, dust, and dirt. These cordless handheld devices also withstand repeated drops onto concrete floors from distances of 6.5 feet.
Their rugged exteriors protect against accidental falls and environmental hazards. But the technology inside these laser scanners is just as dependable and tough.
The Datalogic STAR Cordless System delivers narrow band radio communications, which increases productivity and flexibility by offering:
- Standard-range optics (up to 3.3 feet) and auto-range optics (up to 41 feet)
- Point-to-point and multi-point configuration that allow up to 32 readers per receiver
- Open-air radio ranges of 433 and 910 MHz
- Two-way communications for seamless roaming
Datalogic’s exclusive 3-Green Lights (3GL) technology validates correct captures of 1D barcodes by shining a Green Spot directly onto scanned objects, while also displaying three Good Read LEDs on the top and back of the scanners. The company’s patented PuzzleSolver technology takes things a step further by quickly reading standard, poorly printed, and damaged barcodes. And if that’s not enough, the PM8300s also sound loud beeps indicating accurate reads. These features come in handy in noisy environments and those with an abundance of activity.
To accommodate multiple needs, the Datalogic PowerScan PM8300s come in three models:
- Datalogic PowerScan PM8300 – the basic, cordless model
- Datalogic PowerScan PM8300-D – the intermediate cordless model with a display and three-key keyboard
- Datalogic PowerScan PM300-DK – the advanced cordless model, which also includes a display with a full 16-key alphanumeric keyboard and an embedded code-quantity application, which is a great alternative to applications that may normally require a more expensive mobile computer