With more than 5 million units sold, the Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner created the industry standard for design, reliability, and comfort.
Affordable and compact, the Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner provides fast, reliable scanning in an ergonomic, light-weight form ideal for industries including:
In fact, any environment that relies upon fast, reliable scanning can benefit from the Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner, making it ideal for warehouse management, point of sale, inventory control, library administration, time and attendance, asset tracking, manufacturing, logistics, and more.
Fast, reliable and durable, the Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner offers:
- A wide scanning range, allowing users to scan barcodes from near-contact to up to 17 inches away
- A comfortable, light-weight design that provides an easy grip for repetitive use in retail environments while reducing user fatigue
- Seamless integration via RS-232, USB, keyboard wedge, and Synapse interfaces
High volumes, built to last
The scanner can handle high volumes of up to 100 scans per second. Even though it features an intuitive, user-friendly design, it’s built to last. The Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner can withstand multiple drops to concrete from 5 feet.
An intuitive design means users can simply plug in the device and enjoy immediate functionality. A single cable can connect to any computing environment. Both setup and training are minimal, saving time and money for both users and management.
Scanning is incredibly accurate, with first-time capture of 1D barcodes resulting in:
- Increased productivity
- Shorter check-out lines
- Better customer service
The scratch-resistant tempered glass exit window was designed for continuous use. In addition, the scanner’s single-board construction eliminates a common point of failure: the interconnection between multiple boards and the liquid polymer scan element. These safeguards help the Motorola Symbol LS2208 laser barcode scanner last longer than the competition.
Hands-free or hand-held
An optional hands-free Intellistand enables users to choose between presentation scanning – where items are slid in front of a stand-mounted scanner for hands-free use – or hand-held mode.
Savvy users can take advantage of Advanced Data Formatting capabilities, which enable users to modify data prior to sending it to the host computer. This can reduce costly modifications to host software.
Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support provides next-business-day delivery of a replacement device. The scanner also includes Motorola’s Comprehensive Coverage, which extends normal wear and tear to cover accidental damage to exit windows, scan elements, housings, and more at no extra charge — virtually eliminating unforeseen repair expenses.
Latest posts by Jamie Duerksen (see all)
- Barcode Labels That Beat the Heat - August 23, 2016
- What Barcode Printer is Best for Your Business? - February 2, 2016
- Porsche Parts Distribution Centre Runs Faster with Zebra Printers - August 25, 2015
- Are You Outgrowing Your Inventory Management System? - July 14, 2015
- E-Citations and Zebra Barcode Printers: Improving Safety and Accuracy for Police - July 7, 2015