The Datamax-O’Neil Performance Series aims to solve the print-quality challenges and end-user experience issues that can accompany thermal printers.
A truly intelligent printing solution, these printers are the easiest to load, easiest to use, and easiest to integrate of any thermal printers available anywhere. They offer superior print quality, auto-load capabilities, a user-friendly color touchscreen, unparalleled print registration, and an industry standard printer language, PCL.
These features makes the performance printers perfect for a wide range of industries, including:
- Manufacturing – asset tracking, agency labels, case labels, and finished goods marking
- Transportation and logistics – sorting centers, shipping labels, cross docking, and pallet tracking
- Food and beverage – shipping labels, expiration dates, time stamps, high-resolution labeling, and product identification
- Pharmaceuticals – pick lists, compliance labels, track and trace, and product identification
PCL creates ultimate control, performance
Unlike other thermal label printers on the market, Datamax-O’Neil Performance Series printers rely on printer control language (PCL). Implementing this standard printer language – which has been the industry standard for years among laser and other printer types – creates several benefits for Datamax-O’Neil customers, including:
- Communication with virtually all computer systems
- Extended functionality, including an expansive menu of feature commands not found on other thermal printers
- Flexibility to customize and integrate thermal printing into a variety of hosted environments
- Easy integration with SAP and other ERP solutions
Network administrators can control the Performance Series printers via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows for remote monitoring of any printer at any time – without interrupting the printing process.
- Thick labels
Clean graphics, clear registration
Unlike competing printers, the Datamax-O’Neil Performance Series printers offer high-quality image registration on the first try, for crisp and clean printing of both images and text at 300 dpi. Users can choose from 50 resident scalable fonts and add a variety of graphics file types to labels, such as:
For instant savings, users will appreciate the printer’s auto-load capabilities. When a new roll of labels is placed in the machine, it is loaded and calibrated automatically – without wasting labels. In addition, this saves the time and hassles users typically face when re-loading other label printers. Other automatic adjustments include print quality, media calibration, and ribbon tensioning.
The printer’s ruggedized die-cast frame and metal covers hold up well in harsh environments, such as warehouses and light industrial businesses. The color touchscreen and intuitive menus make setup and operation a breeze, even for novice users.
To ensure that the Datamax-O’Neil Performance Series can meet diverse needs, optional features include:
- Internal rewinder
- Peeler and cutter
- USB host
- 802.11 b/g
- Audio alarm
Want to learn how to select the right barcode printer? Read our online buying guide.
Latest posts by Jamie Duerksen (see all)
- Barcode Labels That Beat the Heat - August 23, 2016
- What Barcode Printer is Best for Your Business? - February 2, 2016
- Porsche Parts Distribution Centre Runs Faster with Zebra Printers - August 25, 2015
- Are You Outgrowing Your Inventory Management System? - July 14, 2015
- E-Citations and Zebra Barcode Printers: Improving Safety and Accuracy for Police - July 7, 2015