The Intermec CK71 checks off a lot of boxes.
Designed for warehouse, distribution, and manufacturing environments, the Intermec CK71 stands out as:
- Small and light
- Packed with premium features
- Made with industrial-grade materials
The result is a hard-to-find balance of ruggedness, ergonomics, and power. And that combination also explains why the Intermec CK71 was granted a Tech Innovator award from CRN in the AIDC handhelds category.
An all-weather, any-condition solution
This powerful mobile computer has been chosen by several big-name companies for tough data collection assignments. For example, PGA of America decided to purchase the Intermec CK71 to scan tickets at golf tournaments, in all kinds of weather.
“With the rugged design, extended battery life and high-performing scanning capabilities, the Intermec solution offered us the most intuitive choice for our team of volunteers to use seamlessly with very little training,” said Lou Manz, PGA director of information technology.
The Intermec CK71 is optimized for warehouse and distribution environments with premium, industrial-grade materials for ruggedness in the most extreme conditions. It comes pre-loaded with Intermec’s ScanNGo client, which enables CK71 users to provision, configure and automatically download application software in a matter of seconds rather than minutes by simply reading pre-configured barcodes.
In addition, workers can quickly transition to tasks that require near or far scanning, speech, voice, and image capture, without wasting time finding and reorienting themselves on unfamiliar devices.
Built for speed and comfort
Other features include:
- Texas Instruments OMAP3 1GHz multi-engine processor that offers both high speed and low power consumption
- 802.11n WLAN radio for solid performance and consistently fast response times, even in areas with low signal levels or intermittent connections
- State-of-the-art battery health diagnostics to reduce the expense of replacement batteries
- Imaging engines that read both 1D and 2D barcodes
- Capability to scan barcodes moving at up to 12.7 meters (500 inches) per second, enabling the CK71 to provide remarkable tolerance to hand or barcode movement
- Exceptional peripheral support and quick-change snap-on accessories
- Intermec SmartSystems, a device health reporting solution that monitors battery life, scanning, and communications
- Ergonomic design with the choice of radio, keypad, imager, software, and services to fit each environment’s specific needs
Finally, the optional FlexDock docking system helps maximize return on investment in charging and communications infrastructure, while also minimizing the space devoted to mobile computers. FlexDoc uses a common two- or four-position base, combined with cups for mobile computers and battery packs to charge in any combination. You can mount the device on the wall for a smaller footprint. When it’s time to migrate or upgrade equipment, you simply replace existing cups with new ones that fit the next-generation solution, enabling reuse of the original bases and supporting components.
Latest posts by Jay Schofield (see all)
- Get Ready For Next Year’s Tax Season With Asset Management - July 10, 2018
- How Are Millennials Transforming Supply Chain Management? - June 26, 2018
- How Blockchain Will Reshape Supply Chain Management - June 12, 2018
- How To Start Using Artificial Intelligence In Supply Chain Management - May 29, 2018
- Android vs Windows in the Warehouse - May 15, 2018