With the Intermec CK71 NI, companies don’t have to settle for less mobile computing power in Division 2 hazardous environments.
In areas where safety tops all other concerns, organizations frequently must choose from a smaller range of technologies that comply with strict protocols. Fortunately, with the Intermec CK71 NI (non-incendive), compromise is no longer necessary.
Tough mobile computer for tougher environments
The Intermec CK71 NI is ideal for:
- Distribution centers
- Chemical, oil, and gas environments
In addition, the mobile computer is sealed in an IP67 enclosure that certified for use in a wide range of non-incendive hazardous environments:
- Division 2, Class I, Groups A, B, C, D; T6
- Division 2, Class II, Groups F; G T6
- Division 2, Class III; T6
A truly rugged device, the Intermec CK71 NI are built to last with internal magnesium frames, laser-etched hard keycaps, and polycarbonate enclosure that:
- Withstand drops of 2.4 meters (8 feet) to concrete
- Handles 2,000 1-meter tumbles
- Operates at temperatures ranging from -20° Celcius (-4° Fahrenheit) to 60° C (140° F)
No compromise on computing, scanning power
Having a tough device doesn’t mean compromising on ergonomics or computing performance. The Intermec CK71 NI packs a computing punch with such features as:
- Windows Embedded Handheld operating system
- 512MB RAM and 1GB Flash ROM
- Communications options of USB 2.0, Rs232, and Ethernet
- Real-time data collection capabilities via 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Choice of a 2D area imager or near/far area imager
- Optional RFID with IP30NI via Bluetooth
Plus, thanks to Intermec’s leading imaging capabilities, the CK71 NI can scan from 6 inches up to 50 feet, while superior motion tolerance allows the device to read barcodes moving at up to 500 inches per second.
When workload demands shift unexpectedly, the CK71 NI gives the flexibility to redeploy staff without consideration to the tools needed to get the job done. As a result, workers can quickly and confidently transition to tasks that require near or far scanning, speech, voice, and image capture, without wasting time finding and reorienting themselves on unfamiliar devices.
Despite its rugged design, the Intermec CK71 NI remains 31 percent smaller and lighter than other leading devices in the ultra-rugged class. It measure about 9 inches by 3 inches by 2 inches and weighs just under 20 ounces, making it easy to carry and use through an entire shift.
To ensure ongoing device performance, the Intermec CK71 NI includes a unique device health reporting system. Workers and IT administrators can monitor and prevent issues before they impact operations. Using either an on-board dashboard or the Intermec SmartSystems console, users can keep an eye on key sub-systems including battery life, scanning and communications.
Latest posts by Jamie Duerksen (see all)
- Barcode Labels That Beat the Heat - August 23, 2016
- What Barcode Printer is Best for Your Business? - February 2, 2016
- Porsche Parts Distribution Centre Runs Faster with Zebra Printers - August 25, 2015
- Are You Outgrowing Your Inventory Management System? - July 14, 2015
- E-Citations and Zebra Barcode Printers: Improving Safety and Accuracy for Police - July 7, 2015