The programmable Intermec PM4i stand alone label printer accomplishes a feat few others in its class can match. It doesn’t need a PC to operate, making the wireless mid-range printer a smart choice for many organizations.
The Intermec PM4i mid-range label printer can operate as a direct thermal and thermal transfer label, ticket, and tag printer. It can be optionally RFID-enabled, allowing companies to create RFID smart labels and drive the latest RFID applications.
No PC needed
A truly smart device, the Intermec PM4i mid-range label printer can host stand-alone applications that are developed via Intermec Fingerprint programming language. As a result the smart printer can eliminate an associated PC, while also directly controlling other devices such as scanners, scales, applicators, and more. This results in:
- Improved efficiency
- Lower infrastructure costs
- Reduced complexity
Built to meet the needs of mission-critical applications, the rugged Intermec PM4i mid-range label printer delivers advanced, secure connectivity, and the latest network protocols, ensuring peace-of-mind today and a reliable, scalable solution for the long haul.
The Intermec PM4i mid-range label printer also features:
- Rugged, all-metal construction
- An enhanced self-strip option that delivers consistent performance across multiple media types
- Support for all major 1D and 2D barcode symbologies
- A 406 dpi print head for exceptional, pinpoint accuracy in printing
- Scalable fonts, as well as a font cache for maximum performance
- Fast, easy print head replacement with a magnetic QuickMount print head design
- Compatibility with several user-selectable printer languages including Fingerprint/Direct Protocol (DP), IPL, ZSim, and DSim
- Secure wireless connectivity via CCX and Wi-Fi certified with WPA2
- Multiple network integration methods including Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface
- Support for Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6)
- Interchangeable print heads for a choice of 203, 300, or 406 dpi print resolution
- Integrated device management and diagnostic capabilities provided through Intermec SmartSystems and Wavelink Avalanche, resulting in reduced downtime and simplified deployment
Fast, easy network connections
The Intermec PM4i mid-range label printer incorporates features that reduce downtime and minimize maintenance costs. The industry’s only printers available with Wi-Fi and CCX Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time.
Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability. Other connectivity options – standard RS232 and USB ports, and optional parallel, double serial or industrial interfaces – provide additional integration flexibility.
The standard CompactFlash memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy, inexpensive and PC-compatible, CompactFlash and USB memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics, fonts, and firmware upgrades.
Latest posts by Jay Schofield (see all)
- Play time’s over, Geoffrey: The downfall of Toys ‘R’ Us - January 16, 2018
- Why Your Business Is Like An NFL Football Team - January 2, 2018
- Why 2017’s Holiday Season Could Be the Biggest Yet For Small Business - December 19, 2017
- How Inventory Management Makes the Holidays Merry - December 5, 2017
- How To Use Your Fixed Assets To Get A Small Business Loan For The Holidays - November 21, 2017