The Motorola MC9200 improves on the world’s most popular ruggedized mobile computer, speeding processing times and supporting the latest enterprise applications.
Billed as the most powerful industrial mobile computer available on the market, the Motorola MC9200 was designed with intensive scanning environments in mind, such as warehouses, loading docks, and manufacturing shop floors. It can support applications for warehousing, inventory management, workflow management, price validation, asset tracking, and management applications in retail, transportation and logistics, government, and manufacturing.
Looking to the future, working with the past
“The MC9200 mobile computer is an example of Motorola Solutions’ continued commitment to protecting the investment of existing customers while opening the door to new ones with access to the latest innovations and technology to meet their changing business needs,” said Joe White, vice president of enterprise mobile computing for Motorola Solutions.
“The MC9200 maintains leadership in the mobile computing industry with the same signature rugged design, best-in-class barcode scanning, and dependable operation that businesses have relied on for the last decade,” White added.
There are hundreds of thousands of mobile computers from the MC9000 family already in use around the world. Motorola assures customers that the new MC9200 offers the same level of stability, quality and reliability as its legacy products.
However, it improves upon these older verstions by incorporating:
- A Texas Instruments dual-core 1Ghz OMAP4430 processor
- 2GB of Flash memory and up to 32GB of additional SD memory
- Microsoft’s advanced mobile operating systems, which provide the power to run complex ERP applications simultaneously
- High-speed 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for better connectivity and greater storage
- Enhanced information assurance security with FIPS 140-2 cryptographic certification
- A choice of six interchangeable keypads, so users can choose which one works best for data entry with specific applications
Flexible for all scanning needs
The Motorola MC9200 includes a wide range of scanning engines from which customers can choose:
- Motorola’s latest-generation 1D laser scanner
- 1D long-range scanner
- 2D imagers that can read all 1D, 2D, and DPM barcodes with laser-like speed
- 2-D long-range imager that can capture 1D and 2D barcodes up to 30 feet away
Rugged and sturdy, the Motorola MC9200 significantly reduces downtime by avoiding damage. Its enclosure is IP64-rated, and it can withstand multiple 6-foot drops to concrete.
To reassure customers who own legacy MC9000 family mobile computers, Motorola has ensured that the MC9200 includes backward compatibility with legacy warehouse management systems and Telnet applications. In addition, all existing peripherals and accessories for the MC9000 series are compatible with the new version, including keypads, batteries, and cradles.
Latest posts by Jamie Duerksen (see all)
- Barcode Labels That Beat the Heat - August 23, 2016
- What Barcode Printer is Best for Your Business? - February 2, 2016
- Porsche Parts Distribution Centre Runs Faster with Zebra Printers - August 25, 2015
- Are You Outgrowing Your Inventory Management System? - July 14, 2015
- E-Citations and Zebra Barcode Printers: Improving Safety and Accuracy for Police - July 7, 2015