Why do you need warehouse management?
You need to be able to manage products as they show up, move around, and eventually leave your warehouse.
Why Work in Process (WIP) Tracking
- Raw material gets pulled
- Work center to work center
- Work center – machine begins and ends process
- Process gets completed
- Lot sampled – release to stock
- Production continues to close out
When the phone rings, what do you need to know?
- Where is it?
- How long has it been there?
- Costs in process time (machine and technician)
Inventory Control – The Obvious
- Set minimums by site
- Control inventory by lot or serial number
- Assign bin locations for all inventory sites
- Monitor levels by minimums, usage, and lead time
When you’re moving your bins from site to site, you’re constantly scanning and collecting data. Or at least you should be. Flow can help you manage and use it effectively.
Work in Process – The Obvious
- Trap date – time, user stamps when work order moves from work center to work center
- Trap process start – stop at the work center
- Every time you start a process, regardless of who touches it, it needs to be tracked.
As a browser-based program, Flow Software runs on everything that can access the internet. Whether it’s an iPad, mobile phone, mobile computer, IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, or whatever else, they have it covered. Flow includes real-time data scanning and updating and runs all major databases (i.e. MYSQL, PostGreSQL, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle). Their integration capability can even be compiled alongside tracking systems, whether they’re web, in house, Widows or Linux server. This can make the accounting process a breeze.
Why is Flow is unique?
They boast a 27 year history of providing tracking solutions to a wide variety of industries. This means they can customize, tweak, change, and modify to your organization and integrate with already existing software. There is no such thing as perfect software, not even Flow. But our ability to make Flow Software fit for you is the best way to find a solution for your needs.