In October 2014, Zebra completed its acquisition of Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business. Since then we’ve been fielding calls from System ID customers with questions, such as:
- What does this acquisition mean for my business?
- Will I still be able to purchase Motorola Solutions’ mobile computers and barcode scanners?
- How will I benefit from this change?
This article describes how Zebra’s acquisition of Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise business impacts you, while providing a glimpse of how things will look moving forward.
Welcome to the new Zebra Technologies.
For years, Zebra and Motorola Solutions have worked together to solve business problems using products from both companies. Now, the two organizations are operating as one under the Zebra Technologies brand, which will continue to offer Motorola Solutions’ mobile computers and scanners for purchase through value-added resellers such as System ID.
According to Chief Executive Officer Anders Gustafsson, the new Zebra Technologies is uniquely positioned to serve its customers. “By combining Motorola Solutions’ deep capabilities in data capture, mobility, and wireless with Zebra’s industry-leading tracking and monitoring technologies, we now offer end-to-end visibility and connectivity solutions that help customers become more effective and efficient.”
Supporting the company is a sound infrastructure that includes:
- Over 7,000 employees worldwide
- 1,700 product engineers
- 4,200 patents held or filed
- 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies will be served
They are investing in you.
Zebra has—and will continue to have—a strong commitment to R&D, which ensures delivery of the most technologically advanced solutions on the market.
With the acquisition of Motorola Solutions’ WLAN technology and a focus on disruptive mega trends, such as cloud, mobile, and the Internet of Things (IoT), Zebra will now offer tailored solutions in the areas of:
- Advanced data capture
- Industrial mobile computing
- Converged communications
- Wireless networks
The company will also support mobile workers through ruggedized handheld devices that seamlessly pair with RFID and barcode technologies.
What happens next?
The strategy of bringing together the best of both organizations is well underway. Leading the helm is Joe Heel, the new senior vice president of Global Sales at Zebra Technologies. As plans solidify, keep an eye out for a broader set of innovative solutions that will help you build your business and become more competitive.
To ensure you don’t miss out on any news during this transition, stay connected by subscribing to the System ID blog. We’ll update you on changes and explain how they will benefit you.
And remember, as Gustafsson enthusiastically states, “This is an exciting time for Zebra, and we look forward to delivering more robust and successful solutions. On behalf of the entire Zebra Technologies organization, I want to thank you for your continued business and support.”
System ID, a Premier Zebra Technologies Partner, thanks you, too!
Latest posts by Jay Schofield (see all)
- Why Companies Should Invest In Their Human Work Force - February 13, 2018
- Supply Chain and Logistic Trends: What Will Tomorrow Bring? - January 30, 2018
- Play time’s over, Geoffrey: The downfall of Toys ‘R’ Us - January 16, 2018
- Why Your Business Is Like An NFL Football Team - January 2, 2018
- Why 2017’s Holiday Season Could Be the Biggest Yet For Small Business - December 19, 2017