Retail Barcode Scanners, Barcode Printers
Point of Sale (POS) Equipment from Epson, Hand Held Products, Magtek and Wasp.
SystemID carries everything you need for a top-of-the-line point of sale system. We carry a full line of magstripe readers, cash drawers, pole displays, transactions terminals, receipt printers, and even full POS systems. We specialize in retail barcode scanners, from omnidirectional presentation scanners to retail 2D scanners for mobile couponing and scanning driverís licenses; SystemID has a solution that is sure to fit your application.
SystemID also carries all of the leading point of sale manufactures like Epson, Ithaca, Star, Topaz, Honeywell, Magtek, MMF, Wasp, and many more. We even carry POS software and supplies necessary to point of sale, such as receipt paper, labels and tags.
Give us a call today and have one of our POS experts walk you through all of the latest point of sale equipment. Whether you need a brand new POS system of you just need to replace or upgrade some of you peripherals, SystemID will help you determine the best fit for you specific need.
Retail Presentation Scanners
Stationary, on-counter, point of sale barcode scanners
$331.55 Great for checkout applications; offers maximum throughput and accuracy.
$214.73 Speed, versatility, and a small footprint make this barcode scanner ideal for most retail applications.
$389.00 Featuring 20-line omnidirectional scan pattern, this barcode scanner is one of the more aggressive retail scanner on the market.
2D Retail Scanner
Read both 1D and 2D barcodes now seen in retail
See Pricing This innovative scanner is a true hybrid, functions as both a presentation and handheld scanner making it perfect for checkout lines.
$550.05 One of the most aggressive cordless 2D scanners on the market, the barcode scanner is ideal for point of sale systems.
$357.00 Extremely aggressive and very fast, this imager is great at scanning barcodes off of computers or cell phones.
Retail Receipt Printers
Impact/Dot-Matrix, Direct Thermal or InkJet Receipt Printers
$553.00 Ideal for Check Printing, Bank Forms, Warranty Terms, and More!
$634.51 Quality, reliability & a snap-in/snap-out, user-friendly ribbon cassette.
$322.00 The world's smallest slip printer, perfect for POS terminals.
Retail Transaction Terminals & Kiosks
Electronically capture customer signatures and/or PINs
$732.00 POS payments, EBT, signature capture, & in-lane, targeted advertising.
$118.00 Extremely portable with a profile of only 0.2" & protective hinged cover.
$1063.00 Use for digital signage, price verification and barcode scanning.
Retail Check & Magstripe Readers
Capture the information encoded on credit cards or checks
$51.00 Known for their reliability, they are easy to install and use.
$142.00 Die cast metal base, stainless steel wear plate, & impact-resistant housing
$56.00 Offers a smaller footprint than most conventional mag stripe readers.
Retail Cash Drawers
Provide storage, security and organization for cash
$170.05 Best construction with an all-metal, rugged construction & ease of use.
$82.00 Cost effective choice that doesn't sacrifice quality or dependability.
$177.53 2 separate large-capacity storage compartments designed for media sorting
Retail POS Keyboards
Keyboard layouts ideal for every POS application
$130.00 Features a minimal footprint & protection against damage from spills
$221.00 Full compliment of function & numeric keys, a touchpad, and a MSR.
$202.00 Compact 16" shape with full US 104 position key layout.
Retail Point of Sale Systems
Processing units specifically designed for retail stores
$1261.30 MediaPLUS cash drawer with an fanless PC in a space-saving package.
$1733.00 15" all-in-one touch computer powered by Intel Pentium-M technology.
$2147.00 Wide variety of expansion options & peripherals for easy configuration.
Retail Pole Displays
Show the purchase information to the customer
$182.00 Optical filter enhances characters for better contrast & easier viewing.
$156.00 No need for stand-alone base with controller board or printer configuration.
$236.55 Rotating pole display gives maximum flexibility to present information.
Retail POS Shoes
Encases cash drawers and organizes most POS peripherals
$94.05 Accommodates nearly all major POS keyboard, printer and monitor brands.
$86.75 Gives you an organized, contemporary unit in a matter of minutes.
$80.00 Allows for peripherals to be placed with left or right-hand orientation.
Point of Sale 101
Point of Sale (POS) refers to capturing data at the time of purchase, as opposed to entering it at a later time. POS is the most common use for barcodes and one of the oldest. Even small stores find that barcodes are a practical way to speed up checkouts, track stock, and assure price accuracy.
The POS solution you choose should help you run your store faster and more efficiently while still delivering the service your customers expect. The entire POS system centers on the software and not all POS hardware is compatible with every software package. If after investing in an entire POS system, you find the software does not meet all of your requirements; it is likely you will have to replace most or all of the system. That can be very expensive and frustrating! Let us help you to find the best software to meet your needs.
Point of Sale Software
You want to ensure that the Point of Sale software you use helps you to service your customers and manage store operations in the easiest, quickest way possible. POS software packages vary in features and functionality. Many are targeted at very specific applications, such as salons or convenience stores.Some Key POS Software Features:
- Process credit cards
- Maintain stock levels
- Create detailed sales and inventory reports
- Print barcoded price tags
- Employee time clock
- Individual security settings for each user
- Cash drawer shift tracking
- Multi-store tracking of sales, customers, inventory, etc.
Point of Sale Hardware & PeripheralsA Point of Sale system is made up of many different hardware pieces. The ones you choose depend on the requirements of your application. A typical POS system consists of a:
- Point of Sale Systems are processing units specifically designed with the retail store environment in mind. They have a smaller footprint than standard PCs so as not to take up valuable counter space. Most do not have a CD-ROM drive to remove the risk of employees installing unauthorized software, viruses, and media files, although CD-ROM drives are an option on a few models. Many point of sale systems have the processing unit integrated into the display which saves even more counter space, reduces the number of cables and power supplies to manage. Other options are integrated magstripe readers, smart card readers, and fingerprint (biometric) readers for security.
- Cash drawers provide storage, security, and organization for cash, coins, checks, credit slips, and coupons. Often, the POS terminal, monitor, and pole display are stacked on top of the cash drawer, so the durability of construction is an important consideration. POS shoes are a good addition for less sturdy cash drawers. Optional media slots keep the cash more secure because checks, credit card slips, and gift certificates can be put into the drawer without needing to actually open it. Cash drawers are available with a variety of interfaces. Printer-driven cash drawers are connected directly to the receipt printer, which provides the signal for the cash drawer to open. Each receipt printer manufacturer has a different type of interface cable. There are cash drawers that can connect directly to the POS terminal via serial or USB. Manual cash drawers are opened manually, so they do not connect to a receipt printer nor the POS terminal.
- Receipt printers are available with several printing mechanisms, each suited for different applications.
Impact, or dot matrix, receipt printers use a ribbon to create the images on the receipt paper. They can print receipts with carbon copies and can print two colors with a special ribbon. Journal printing (log of activity), validation of checks, and slip/ticket printing are features available on some models.
Impact receipt printers are the most economic receipt printer, but they are also the loudest.
- Most economic
- Optional 2-color printing
- Can print carbon-copy receipts
- Ideal for kitchens or other heat-intensive environments
- Optional journal printing, validation, and slip/ticket printing
- Loudest receipt printing technology
- Requires a ribbon
- Fast and quiet operation
- Does not require a ribbon
- Optional 2-color printing
- Not recommended for heat-intensive environments
- Receipt images fade faster
- Fast and quiet operation
- Optional 2-color printing
- Optional validation, and slip/ticket printing
- Risk of ink smearing
- Requires ink cartridges
- Customer pole displays shows the purchase information to the customer. The data is sent by the POS software, so the pole display must be compatible. The software manufacturer should be able to verify compatibility. Between transactions, itís possible to show other messages on the pole display, such as your company name or a sale advertisement. Pole displays are available with varying pole lengths to accommodate different counter heights.
- Omnidirectional barcode scanners can read a barcode no matter how it is orientated in relation to the scanner. With hand-held linear scanners, the scanner is brought to the barcode and its scan line must be perpendicular to the barcode to read it. Therefore, the omnidirectional scanners speed up the process and reduce user fatigue. They are available in on-counter or in-counter models. In-counter scanners are useful in retail applications with high-volume purchases, such as grocery stores. The on-counter scanners are good for applications with limited counter space.
- Magstripe readers (also called magnetic stripe readers or MSR) capture the information encoded in the electromagnetic strips on the back of credit, debit, and gift cards. A magstripe card can have either 2 or 3 tracks of information. Standard credit cards use Tracks 1 and 2. ID cards and other types of cards use Track 3. Credit card processing software is required to verify the banking information for credit and debit cards. The most common interface types are USB and PS/2. Serial interface is also available, but it may require special software to interpret the data. Standard magstripe readers are made of plastic and are ideal for occasional use and small retail operations. Metal magstripe readers have a longer slot for increased reading accuracy. They are designed for high-volume applications, outdoor use, or unsupervised use.
- Transaction terminals electronically capture customer signatures and/or PINs. Some have a magstripe reader built-in so there is no need for additional hardware when processing credit, debit, and gift card transactions. Electronically capturing signatures removes the hassle of storing numerous slips of paper and the risk of the signatures being lost or damaged. Some transaction terminals have display screens that can also be used for advertising.
- Check readers increase the efficiency of check transactions and prevent check fraud by verifying account information at the time of transaction. They use MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) technology to read the characters printed at the bottom of the check. The check reader must be compliant with the POS software, which should be confirmed by the software manufacturer. Check readers are available with a USB, Ethernet, Serial, or RS485 interface.
- POS shoes are ideal accessories for low-end cash drawers that are not sturdy enough to bear the weight of other POS peripherals. They encase the cash drawer and are designed to accommodate most POS peripherals such as a keyboard, receipt printer, pole display, monitor, and POS terminal. They usually include a cable management system as well.
|Call 1.888.648.4452 for the best prices from the following manufacturers:|