This easy-to-use, lightweight and ergonomic device requires virtually no training and is packed with productivity enhancing features. Objects can be comfortably scanned at any angle the innovative multi-line rastering scan pattern eliminates the need for exact aim and positioning of the scanner. Users can move rapidly from one barcode to another without delay or rescanning, due to superior motion tolerance. With optimized optics, the LS3008 helps deliver first time, every time scanning even on damaged and poorly printed barcodes. And the ability to automatically switch between handheld and hands-free modes minimizes hand motion and user fatigue, while maximizing worker productivity.
In addition to the productivity-enhancing features you need to keep business moving, the LS3008 offers a low total cost of ownership. The rugged design significantly reduces device downtime. Support for Remote Scanner Management (RSM) enables you to discover, provision and upgrade devices from a central remote location, dramatically reducing management time and costs. Multiple on-board interfaces provide true plug-and-play simplicity with your host system today, as well as tomorrow.
And since even rugged devices require a support plan, Symbol's Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support contract provides next-business-day delivery of a replacement device for maximized uptime and productivity. This offering also includes Symbol's unique Comprehensive Coverage, which extends normal wear and tear to cover accidental damage to scan elements, exit windows, and other internal and external components at no extra charge significantly eliminating your unforeseen repair expenses.
Features and Benefits
- Single board construction eliminates the most common point of failure associated with ribbon cables between multiple circuit boards
- Drop specification: 6.5 ft./2m drops to concrete at room temperature
- IP53 sealing means it can be safely wiped down and sanitized for clean manufacturing and hospital environments
- Liquid Polymer Scan element with lifetime warranty eliminates friction and wear for superior durability and reliability
- Wide working range from 0 to 19 inches
- Ability to read down to 3 mil barcodes
- Scratch resistant tempered glass exit window
- Superior motion tolerance enables scanning of barcodes in rapid succession without delay; reduces fatigue and increases productivity
- Multi-line rastering scan pattern delivers superior scanning performance; eliminates need for exact aim and positioning; captures even tiny, stacked and poorly printed barcodes
- Multiple onboard interfaces including RS232, USB and KBW (keyboard wedge)
- Remote Scanner Management (RSM) support allows discovery, provision and upgrades of devices from a central remote location; dramatically reduces management effort and costs
- Optional Intellistand for hands-free mode for maximum productivity and comfort